Safe Shopping at Shepherd’s Bush Market: 28 May 2020
We are committed to creating a shopping environment in the safest and most efficient way we can. Therefore, in line with the latest government guidelines, we are proud to confirm that we are open selling essential items, with the addition of non-essential goods from open air market stalls as of Monday 1st June 2020.
We hope you will support our independent traders who can provide you with the necessary goods you need to get through these tricky times.
We have put together some important guidance on the current situation which we hope you will find reassuring and useful:
- From now until further notice, market trading hours will be 9am to 6pm.
- Open-air traders who offer non-essential retail will reopen on Monday 1st June.
- Grocery and stalls selling essential items including cleaning products are allowed to trade.
- All customers are urged, and will be actively reminded, to respect social distancing and keep 2 meters apart from traders and each other.
- Please do not congregate at busy stalls and shops.
- All communal seating areas have been removed from the market to avoid groups gathering.
- Our cleaners are continuing to be vigilant and keep as many contact surfaces as possible clean and disinfected. You can help by washing your hands regularly and wearing protective gloves and face masks if you have them.
- Our toilet facilities are not open for public use.
In addition please see the guidance released by UK Government on 25 May 2020:
Food retailers and food markets, hardware stores, garden centres (from Wednesday 1st June) and certain other retailers can remain open. Other businesses can remain open and their employees can travel to work, where they cannot work from home. From Monday, 1st June the government will also allow outdoor sports facilities – such as tennis and basketball courts, golf courses and bowling greens – to open, but you should only use these alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.
We thank you for your support during these extremely tough times, but in line with Government instructions, please try to limit your shopping trips and stay at home as much as possible.
Please check our website regularly for updates relating to trading hours and activity at the market.