Shopping at Shepherd’s Bush Market – Covid-19 Update – 25 March 2020
During these unique times we hope you and your families are remaining healthy and keeping safe.
We are committed to serving the local community in the safest and most efficient way we can and, in line with latest government guidelines, we are open and selling essential items.
While it is critical that you avoid unnecessary travel, we hope some of our independent traders can provide you with the essentials you need to get you through these tricky times and can confirm Shepherds Bush Market will remain open for as long as is permissible.
We have put together some important guidance on the current situation at the market which we hope will be useful.
- From now until further notice, the market trading hours are 8.30am to 5pm.
- Traders who offer non-essential retail will not be trading.
- Grocery and stalls selling essential items including cleaning products are allowed to trade.
- All customers are urged, and will be actively reminded, to respect social distancing and stand 2 meters apart from traders and each other.
- Please do not congregate at busy stalls and shops, please come back when it is less busy.
- All communal seating areas have been removed from the market to avoid groups gathering….the best way to enjoy what you have bought at the market during these tough times is to consume it at home instead!
- The less time you spend at the market, the safer everyone will be.
- Our cleaners are continuing to be vigilant and keep as many contact surfaces as possible clean and disinfected, you can help by washing your hands regularly and wearing gloves and face masks if you have them.
- Our toilets are not for public use, so do please bear that in mind before you travel to the market.
We thank you for your support during these extremely tough times, but in line with Government instructions, please try to limit your shopping trips and stay at home as much as possible.
Please check our website regularly for updates relating to trading hours and activity at the market.